THE 51st HKCC INTERNATIONAL SALON OF PICTORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY 2021
THE 51st HKCC INTERNATIONAL SALON OF PICTORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY 2021
Patronage No. of PSA No.2021-1217 Patoronage of FIAP No. 2021/153
SALON CALENDAR 沙 龍 日 期 表
|黑白數碼組 | 彩色照片組
Monochrome Digital | Colour Prints
Closing Date for entries
3 - 6 July, 2021 2021年7月3 - 6日
Other entries returned
1.) 好世界影音有限公司──香港中環士丹利街18號A 一樓
2.) 九龍青山道485號九龍廣場15樓12室 (香港匯美數碼影像)
The fee can be paid via PayPal to our PayPal Account: [email protected]
Panel of Judges 評選委員
Salon Committees 義務沙龍委員
HE 51th HKCC INTERNATIONAL SALON OF PICTORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY ( 2021 )
Organizers:HONG KONG CAMERA CLUB LIMITED cordially invites you and photographers all over the world to participate in the 51th INTERNATIONAL SALON OF PICTORIAL PHOTOGRAPHY to be held at the Level 4, Exhibition Gallery of the Hong Kong Cultural Centre, Kowloon., Hongkong on 3 - 6 July, 2021.
Recognitions: FIAP 2021/153 PSA 2021-1217
Conditions of Entry
General:The salon is held in conformity with the exhibition standards and regulations of the Photographic Society of America (PSA), the International Federation of Photographic Art (FIAP) and our Society (HKCC).
IMAGE AND ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: This exhibition is open to anyone; however, an entry may be rejected when the Sponsor or the Exhibition Organizers, in their reasonable discretion, believes the entry does not conform to exhibition rules and these Conditions of Entry. Membership in any photographic organization is not required.
Sanctions: Entries will not be accepted from any entrant who is currently sanctioned by PSA.
PSA Star Ratings:To receive proper Star ratings credit from PSA, entrants must provide their names and country exactly the same in each exhibition. Aliases are not permitted. Please contact PSA in the event of name changes or relocating to another country
Image Creation:Entries must originate as photographs (image-captures of objects via light sensitivity) made by the entrant on photographic emulsion or acquired digitally.
Certification: By virtue of submitting an image, the entrant certifies the work as his or her own (.Images may not incorporate elements produced by anyone else (for example: clip art, images or art by others downloaded from the Internet). Aliases are not allowed. The entrant permits the sponsors to reproduce all or part of the entered material free of charge for publication and/or display in media related to the exhibition. This may include low resolution posting on a website. Note: Entrants who indicate that their images may not be reproduced or used “will not be eligible for awards” or inclusion in audio-visuals of the exhibition “and could be subject to disqualification” by the exhibition sponsors. The exhibition assumes no liability of any misuse of copyright
Alteration and Computer Generation: Subject to Divisional restrictions (particularly Nature, Photo Travel, and Photojournalism) images may be altered, either electronically or otherwise, by the maker. Adjustments to enhance images or creatively modify images are allowed providing the underlying photograph is retained in a way that is obvious to the viewer. Images may not be constructed entirely with a computer, and must be the sole work of the author. All parts of the image have to be photographed by the author who is holding the copyright of all works submitted.
Re-use of accepted images: Once an image has been accepted in a PSA Recognized exhibition, any identical image, or near identical image, may not, in future, be entered or re-entered in any section of the same Division Star Ratings class in that exhibition regardless of media, format, or title; may not be re-titled for entry into any other PSA Recognized exhibition, including translation into another language.
Entry: An Entry consists of, up to and including, four (4) images entered by a single Entrant into the same Section. An entrant may only enter a specific Section once.
Titles:Each image must have a unique title. That unique title must be used for entry of that image or of an Identical Image into any and all PSA-Recognized exhibitions. Titles must be 35 characters or fewer. No titles may be visible to the judges, and nothing in the image may identify the maker. Titles must not include file extensions such as .jpg or .jpeg (or any other camera capture filenames), or words such as "untitled" or "no title". Titles may not consist solely of numbers.
Color and Monochrome: Color and Monochrome images from the same capture that share substantial pictorial content in common will be considered the same image and must be given the same title.
However, PSA members working on Galaxy and Diamond Star Ratings are allowed to continue using different titles of monochrome versions and color versions of the same capture that have already been accepted until the required number of acceptances for those titles has been completed.
The Salon is consisted of 4 Sections. Salon entrants can submit up to four (4) entries into each of the four (4) Sections. An entrant may enter any or all of the four (4) Sections of the Salon. Entries are limited to not more than four (4) prints (in a print division) or four (4) digital images (in a projected image division) per Section.
- Pictorial Prints Sections (PPD-C) – Large Color (Open),
- Projected Images Sections (PID-C) – Color Digital (Open),
- Projected Images Sections (PID-M) – Monochrome Digital (Open),
- Photo Nature Sections (ND) – Digital
Each photo can be presented in only one section. When an entrant submits images which are significantly similar to each other, only one of the images will be accepted, even if the images are entered in different sections. Entries must originate as photographs made by the entrant. All techniques are permitted (except nature). An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging for each section.
ORGANISATION: The Exhibition will be conducted in accordance with the rules of the PSA and FIAP
An entrant’s images will not be presented to the judges consecutively. An entrant’s four images will be distributed throughout four rounds of judging in that section. Distribution of images will be in the same round order as submitted by the entrant.
An image may be entered in only one section where acceptances of that image in multiple sections would be eligible for the same star path.
DATA PROTECTION: By entering this exhibition, you are explicitly consenting to the personal details you have supplied, including email addresses, being held, processed and used by the exhibition organizers for purposes associated with this exhibition. You also explicitly consent to such information being sent to organizations that have accorded official recognition, patronage or accreditation to this exhibition. You acknowledge and accept that entering this exhibition means that the status and results of your entry may be made public.
PSA Statement on Subject Matter:
There is one hard and fast rule, whose spirit must be observed at all times and applies to all sections offered in PSA recognised exhibitions.
The welfare of the subject is more important than the photograph.
This means that practices such as baiting of subjects with a living creature and removal of birds from nests, for the purpose of obtaining a photograph, are highly unethical, and such photographs are not allowed in any PSA exhibitions.
There is also a PSA policy on the use of aerial photography - aircraft, helicopters and drones. This policy can be found at
The purpose of this policy is to prevent any interference with other individuals or animals which will or may cause a disturbance in their normal activity or disrupt the way any individuals or animals interact with their environment. Entry in this exhibition requires exhibitors to agree to this and other PSA policies. The content of images must
comply with these General Conditions and with the Division and Section definitions listed in these conditions. Images that in the sole opinion of the judges or the
Exhibition Organizers do not comply are likely to be disqualified so the entrant may be aware of the problem when considering entry into other PSA recognized
Prints division and definitions:
- Pictorial Prints Division (PPD-C) – Large Color (open)
1) Prints should be at least 28 cm x 35 cm (11 in x 14 in) but should not exceed 40 cm x 50cm (16 in x 20in) and must be unmounted. Numbers and titles of prints, entrant’s name and address, corresponding with the same on the entry form, must be printed at the back of each print.
2) The title on the backs of prints must match the titles on the Entry Form.
Only pressure sensitive (self adhesive) labels may be used on the back of unmounted prints.
The entrant must sign the entry submittal form in the space provided to verify authorization for the exhibition to destroy the exhibitor’s prints in lieu of returning them otherwise the full entry fee shall apply if the exhibition does have separate fees for return of prints and non-return of prints.
3) Print entrants may select the “non-return of prints” option (with e-mail notification and e-catalogue only) and pay a much lower entry fee of US$18.00 per division (instead of the usual entry fee of US$40.00 per division with return of prints). By choosing the non-return of print option, entrants acknowledge and agree that the Society will retain their prints until the end of the Salon, after which their submitted prints, whether accepted for the Salon or not, will not be returned but will be destroyed by the Society. In order to select the non-return of print option. The entrant Must Sign the entry submittal form in the space provided to verify authorization for the exhibition to destroy the exhibitor’s prints in lieu of returning them otherwise the full entry fee shall apply if the exhibition does have separate fees for return of prints and non-return of prints.
Projected images division and definitions
- Projected Images Section (PID-C) – Color Digital (open),
- Projected Images Section (PID-M) – Monochrome Digital (open),
- Photo Nature Section (ND) – Digital
1) All the “Projected Images Division” entrants can be submitted in DVD/CD by post or by courier or by E-mail ([email protected]) .
Make online Payment with PayPal ([email protected]). Please only press the “Go to Pay” button once. Transmitting the entry requires sending a lot of data so be patient as it may take a couple of minutes. And you will receive an email with your completed information and the images you submitted.
2) Digital Images must be in a compressed「JPEG」format with a maximum size of 1920 pixels wide x 1080 pixels high and a solution of 300 dpi, regardless of portrait or landscape orientation. Images will not be compressed or rotated by the Society. Images that are smaller than the maximum size will be displayed against a black background exactly as they are submitted. The maximum file size must be less than 5 MB.
3) The Digital Image’s Title shall be in English characters containing the entrant’s name and followed by a sequential number in order of 1 to 4. Do not use camera capture filenames as the image’s title. For instance, Name of entrant Perer Bon
* Projected Images Division (PID-C) Color Digital (Open) Name of Images shall be
- Perer Bon -Alone (Title)-cd1.jpg; - Perer Bon -Happy Family (Title)-cd2.jpg; - Perer Bon -Sunny Day (Title)-cd3.jpg - Perer Bon -Pretty Girl (Title)-cd4.jpg
* Projected Images Division (PID-M) Monochrome Digital (Open) Name of Images shall be
- Perer Bon -Alone (Title)-md1.jpg; - Perer Bon -Happy Family (Title)-md2.jpg; - Perer Bon -Sunny Day (Title)-md3.jpg - Perer Bon -Pretty Girl (Title)-md4.jpg
* Photo Nature – Digital (PID-N) Digital Name of Images shall be
- Perer Bon -Alone (Title)-nd1.jpg; - Perer Bon -Happy Family (Title)-nd2.jpg; - Perer Bon -Sunny Day (Title)-nd3.jpg - Perer Bon -Pretty Girl (Title)-nd4.jpg
4) Monochrome Definitions
FIAP definition of Monochrome:
A black and white work fitting from the very dark grey (black) to the very clear grey (white) is a monochrome work with the various shades of grey. A black and white work toned entirely in a single colour will remain a monochrome work able to stand in the black and white category; such a work can be reproduced in black and white in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage. On the other hand a black and white work modified by a partial toning or by the addition of one colour becomes a colour work (polychrome) to stand in the colour category; such a work requires colour reproduction in the catalogue of a salon under FIAP Patronage
PSA Monochrome Definition
An image is considered to be Monochrome only if it gives the impression of having no color (i.e. contains only shades of grey which can include pure black and pure white) OR it gives the impression of being a greyscale image that has been toned in one color across the entire image. (For example by Sepia, red, gold, etc.) A greyscale or multi-colored image modified or giving the impression of having been modified by partial toning, multi-toning or by the inclusion of spot coloring does not meet the definition of monochrome and shall be classified as a Color Work
*Monochrome images may be entered in PID Color sections but will only be eligible towards PID Color Star Ratings if accepted.
5) Nature Definition
FIAP/ PSA Nature Definition:
Nature photography is restricted to the use of the photographic process to depict all branches of natural history, except anthropology and archeology, in such a fashion that a well-informed person will be able to identify the subject material and certify its honest presentation.
The story telling value of a photograph must be weighed more than the pictorial quality while maintaining high technical quality
Human elements shall not be present, except where those human elements are integral parts of the nature story such as nature subjects, like barn owls or storks, adapted to an environment modified by humans, or where those human elements are in situations depicting natural forces, like hurricanes or tidal waves.
Scientific bands, scientific tags or radio collars on wild animals are permissible.
Photographs of human created hybrid plants, cultivated plants, feral animals, domestic animals, or mounted specimens are ineligible, as is any form of manipulation that alters the truth of the photographic statement.
No techniques that add, relocate, replace, or remove pictorial elements except by cropping are permitted.
Techniques that enhance the presentation of the photograph without changing the nature story or the pictorial content, or without altering the content of the original scene, are permitted including HDR, focus stacking and dodging/burning.
Techniques that remove elements added by the camera, such as dust spots, digital noise, and film scratches, are allowed.
Stitched images are not permitted.
Color images can be converted to greyscale monochrome.
Infrared images, either direct-captures or derivations, are not allowed.
Images entered in Nature sections meeting the Nature Photography Definition above can have landscapes, geologic formations, weather phenomena, and extant organisms as the primary subject matter. This includes images taken with subjects in controlled conditions, such as zoos, game farms, botanical gardens, aquariums and any enclosure where the subjects are totally dependent on man for food.
Attention is drawn to the PSA Statement on Subject Matter which applies to all sections
6) The Society shall not be responsible for any loss and error during the process of reading digital images.
7) Any entries not conforming to the above requirements may not be shown to the Judging Panel and the entry fee will not be refunded.
8) Digital images will be displayed on by Viewsonic (PX706HD) 3,000 Lumens 1080p Home Projector to the judges to view at the same time and at a single location for judging.
9) sRGB colour space is recommended as it provides better quality under the display and projection for judging and showing at the exhibition. Do not use ARGB, ProRGB or CMYK colour space.
10) An image that was accepted in a prior CPID recognized section of this exhibition may not be entered in a PID recognized Color section of this exhibition.
11) Projected Image Division (PID) – Colour Digital (open) Definition - Projected images in colour from digital files. The subject matter is unrestricted. (Refer also to clause 10 above).
Breaches of Rules
If, at any time, it is determined in the reasonable discretion of the exhibition organizer or the judges before, during, or after the judging of an exhibition that an entrant has submitted entries where one or more images may fail to comply with these Conditions of Entry, including the stated definitions, the exhibition organizers reserve the right to delete the entry from the exhibition and void any or all acceptances or awards in connection with the exhibition. Fees may be forfeited or refunded in these circumstances. The entrant acknowledges that the decision of the exhibition organizers or the judges is final.
The mention that by the sole act of submitting his/her images or files to a salon under FIAP Patronage, the entrant accepts without exception and with no objection the following terms: - that the submitted images can be investigated by FIAP to establish if these obey to FIAP regulations and definitions even if the entrant is not a member of FIAP, - that FIAP will use any means at its disposal for this undertaking, - that any refusal to cooperate with FIAP or any refusal to submit the original files as captured by the camera, or failure to provide sufficient evidence, will be sanctioned by FIAP, - that in case of sanctions following the non compliance with FIAP regulations, the name of the entrant will be released in any form useful to inform the breaches of the rules. It is recommended to leave the EXIF data in the submitted files intact in order to ease eventual investigations.
FIAP NOTICE: In order to have legal authority on those who do not respect the rules of FIAP, the organiser must make sure that all participants of an online event under
FIAP Patronage tick a box next to which the following text is stated.
In order to ensure that images comply with the Conditions of Entry and definitions, the exhibition organizers may carry out reasonable measures to verify that:
a) The images are the original work of the entrant and
b) The images comply with the rules and definitions as set out in these Conditions of Entry.
These steps include, but are not limited to, questioning any entrant, requiring the submission of RAW files or other digital files representing the original capture of the submitted image(s), confronting the entrant with evidence that one or more submitted images fails to comply with the Conditions of Entry (also known as Entry Rules), and offering the entrant a reasonable opportunity to provide counter evidence to refute the exhibition organizer’s evidence by a set deadline. Such entries that are not cleared or are still questionable after the entrant has presented evidence may be considered in breach of these Conditions of Entry, and declined. Such entries may be referred to PSA for further investigation of possible ethics violations
PSA retains the right to investigate in any way all complaints/suspicions of breaches of entry conditions, impose sanctions if deemed necessary, void the acceptances of any image found to violate the PSA rules, include the entrant’s name on the list of sanctions provided to Exhibitions, and share such investigations with FIAP. Entrants automatically agree to these terms by the act of entering the Exhibition and agree to cooperate with any investigation.
If another party is submitting images on the entrant’s behalf, the entrant will still be held responsible for adhering to these Conditions of Entry (Entry Rules) and will be subject to sanction for any violations to these Conditions of Entry and PSA’s Statement of Ethics that may result.
PSA NOTICE: When an entrant fills in the Entry Form to submit an entry the entrant will see a feature to affirm he or she has read these Conditions of Entry when he or she fills out the entry form. If the entrant does not so affirm the entry will not be submitted.
ENTRY FEE: Entry fee of each Section (see Entry Form), including the cost of notification of result.
Entry Fee (Per entrant / per section) are paid via PayPal (You may not need a PayPal account, you can pay by credit card)
a) Foreign countries only accept PayPal or cash payments in USD. Cash with photo(s) sent to P. O. Box No. 10657, G.P.O., H K SAR.
(PayPal a/c: hongkongcameraclub @gmail.com)
b) No return of Prints/images. If you require the Prints return. (by surface mail) You MUST pay additional postage and handling fee at US$40.00 for 1 Section.
c) Judging Results and PDF catalogue will be sent by Email.
d) Colour printed Catalogue can be purchased at US$40.00 per copy. (postage inclusive)
e) Bank drafts and oversea cheques will not be accepted. Any entry without fee will not be judged nor returned.
~ HKCC Awards for each Section (Colour Prints , Colour Digital, Monochrome Digital and Nature Digital) are:
1 Gold Trophy for the 'Best Set' will be granted to the author and Best of Hong Kong Member of each Section
1 Gold Trophy, 2 Silver Trophy, 3 Bronze Trophy, 5 Silver Medals, 10 Bronze Medals
~ P.S.A. Awards for each Section (Colour Prints , Colour Digital, Monochrome Digital and Nature Digital) are:
1 Gold Medal, 1 Silver Medal, 1 Bronze Medal and 3 Honorable Mention Ribbons.
~ F.I.A.P. Awards for each Section (Colour Prints , Colour Digital, Monochrome Digital and Nature Digital) are:
1 Gold Medal, 1 Silver Medal, 1 Bronze Medal and 6 Honorable Mention Ribbons.
* SPECIAL AWARDS: ~ HONG KONG CAMERA CLUB LIMITED grants a title of Hon.E.HKCC (Honorary Exhibitor of Hong Kong Camera Club, Ltd) with certificate of merit to the successful participants who have THREE or more prints/ digitals accepted annually for 3 consecutive years in the same section of HKCC International Salon thereby accredit the exhibition to enjoy the privilege of permanent exhibition gratis for their entries to the subsequent HKCC International Photographic Salons(Overseas applicants are required to pay US$8.00 for the cost of mailing the certificate).